Crest Teeth Whitening Strips Reviews
The first thing that people will likely notice about you is your smile. An attractive smile is powerful. It is a direct reflection of how you feel and how you take care of yourself. Discolored teeth can bring down a person's confidence and maybe even cause them to shy away from smiling. Unfortunately, many people cannot afford to have their teeth whitened at the dental office or they are embarrassed to take that first step.
White strips are an affordable, simple option for those looking to brighten their smile without having to fork out hundreds of dollars at the dental office. It's an option that allows patients to whiten their teeth conveniently at home. Crest is one of the most popular whitestrips brands and they've got a wide selection of white strips to suit different needs. In this article we will talk about Crest whitestrips and review 5 of the best teeth whitening strips kits Crest has to offer.
Compare Crest Teeth Whitening Strips
Crest 3D Kit
# of Strips Included
1 Hour Express
What are Crest Teeth Whitening Strips?
Crest is a P&G brand offering whitestrips that consist of whitening-gel coated strips that are easily placed on the teeth along the gum line. They are left on for a certain period of time while the gel works to whiten on the surface and deep within the enamel. They are then discarded and the application is repeated once per day for a specific treatment period.
Crest Teeth Whitening Strips Ingredients
Ingredients can be different for each kit Crest has to offer but the common whitening ingredient in Crest white strips is hydrogen peroxide. This is the same ingredient used by dentists to whiten teeth professionally. It is an enamel-safe and effective whitening ingredient.
Other ingredients Crest uses in the whitening gel may include:
- Water - prevents carbomer from dehydrating teeth
- Glycerin - a humectant that helps gel to become sticky and adhere to teeth
- Carbomer - also helps with adhesion
- PVP - adhesive polymer
- PEG - a humectant that thickens gel
- Acrylates copolymer - keeps the strip in 1 piece during use
- Sodium hydroxide - for pH balance
- Sodium Saccharin - for taste
- Pyrophosphate - (in Crest stain shield only) protects against tartar
Look on the package for exact ingredients or scroll down for this information in the reviews.
Are Crest Teeth Whitening Strips Safe?
The whitening ingredient, hydrogen peroxide, is considered to be enamel-safe and is also used by dentists. Crest formulated their whitestrips to be safe if used according to their instructions.
It is common for the strips to cause gum irritation and teeth sensitivity. This sensitivity should be temporary but it's always best to seek the opinion of your dentist regarding sensitive teeth.
Crest Teeth Whitening Strips Instructions
- It is not advisable to brush teeth before using white strips.
- Open the packaging and peel the liner from the strip.
- Place the gel-side of the strip on your upper teeth along the gumline. Apply gentle pressure and fold the rest of the strip behind your teeth.
- Repeat for lower teeth as well.
- Wear the strip for as long as the instructions indicate. This can be different for each kit.
- Remove and discard the strips.
- You can brush teeth after if desired.
- Repeat daily for the treatment period specified. This can also be different for each kit, which is why it is very important to read instructions thoroughly.
For more detailed instructions click here.
Do Crest Teeth Whitening Strips Work?
Hydrogen peroxide is an effective whitening ingredient. This is the ingredient that Crest uses in their white strip kits. Each Crest kit uses a different concentration of hydrogen peroxide. If the Crest whitestrips are used according to the manufacturer's instructions, you should see a difference.
For one reason or another, Crest white strips have not worked for everyone. If a consumer is unhappy with the results, Crest suggests they try 2 boxes of whitestrips to treat tough stains or take them up on their 'satisfaction guarantee' on their website.
5 of the Best Crest Teeth Whitening Strips: Reviews
Many consumers have been successful with Crest whitestrip kits and are now experiencing a whiter smile as a result. As you can see they offer a range of whitening kits for consumers with different needs such as teeth sensitivity, express whitening, large coverage, etc. Crest whitestrips are a safe, effective teeth whitening option. Hopefully our Crest teeth whitening strips reviews have helped you to narrow down your choices.
Looking for reviews of other whitening strip kits on the market? Check out our top 5 choices here.