Waterpik Aquarius Review
Our Rating: (4.4/5)
For those who find manual flossing to be a chore, and a difficult one at that, then the obvious solution would be to purchase a water flosser. For only 1 minute per day, a water flosser can make that all-so-important job of flossing an easy one without the irritation of string floss.
A great oral irrigator to consider is the Waterpik Aquarius Water Flosser, WP-660. With all factors in mind, this is Waterpik's finest and most advanced H20 flosser yet. Read further for an in-depth review on this oral irrigator and everything you need to know about it.
Size and Design
A very important factor that comes into consideration when purchasing an oral irrigator is the size and design of the device. The Waterpik Aquarius WP-660 has a compact and modern design that sits conveniently and stylishly on your bathroom sink.
The water on/off switch is directly on the handle for ease of use and the handle's cord is easily stowed away in a circular opening at the base of the device so that it does not take up extra space or get messy. Tip storage is included in the unit.
The reservoir capacity is 90 seconds plus at the highest pressure, which should be enough time to complete the job without having to refill the tank.
Another design feature to note on the Waterpik Aquarius is the LED panel that displays regular floss mode and massage mode. Massage mode provides enhanced gum stimulation and improved circulation.
Available Tips & Pressure Settings
This Waterpik model has the highest amount of included tips. They include 3 classic jet tips, which means you won't be needing to purchase a replacement head anytime soon or you can share the flosser with more than 1 user, as well as 1 toothbrush tip, 1 Plaque Seeker tip, 1 orthodontic tip and 1 Pik Pocket tip.
It also boasts a large range of 10 pressure settings. This means that the Aquarius is for anyone and everyone. From people with braces or sensitive teeth, to those who have multiple users.
The Plaque Seeker tip is designed for users with implants, crowns and/or bridges. The Orthodontic tip is specially designed for users with braces and the Pik Pocket tip is for those with periodontal pockets or furcations.
They all work at getting those hard to reach areas that can be very difficult with string floss.
The most important factor is having good results and effectively removing plaque from teeth. Waterpik has been evaluated for safety and effectiveness in over 55 clinical studies. Effective results from Waterpik's water flosser is clinically proven.
The Waterpik Aquarius has a 1-minute timer with 30 second pacer so that the user knows how long to spend water flossing. Once you get good at it, it should take approximately 30 seconds for each the top and bottom teeth.
Waterpik also guarantees healthier gums in 14 days if you use the Aquarius vs. string floss.
Your purchase of the Aquarius WP-660 is backed with a 3 year warranty.
It is important to read and follow care instructions included in the box to keep your water flosser in good condition and everything working correctly.
Here are just a few pointers:
- The Classic Jet tip and Tongue Cleaner need to be replaced every 6 months. All other tips are to be replaced at 3 months.
- If mouthwash is being added to the water, be sure to rinse the unit when finished to avoid clogging.
- To be safe, unplug the device before cleaning. A soft cloth and mild non-abrasive cleaner should do the trick. The water reservoir is top-rack dishwasher safe.
Pros & Cons
- Waterpik is a trusted brand and has been a leader in the oral health field for over 50 years.
- This oral irrigator is clinically proven to remove 99.9% of plaque biofilm after only 3 seconds of treatment. Including this study, over 50 others have been completed proving Waterpik water flosser's effectiveness and ability to improve oral health.
- Not only is this an oral irrigator with all the bells and whistles, but it's budget friendly as well.
- Nice design and easy to use.
- Limited tip storage in unit.
- Although it is quieter than the previous model, it can still be considered noisy to some.
- More maintenance than string floss.
There are not many negative things to say about the Waterpik Aquarius WP-660. From the convenient design to the effectiveness of the device, it is all around top quality and its efficacy is backed by numerous studies.
If you are someone who is looking for a countertop oral irrigator that is easy to use and not too pricey, the Aquarius is highly recommended.
Looking for something a little different? Check out our top 5 water flosser reviews here.