The Best Water Flosser for Kids - Waterpik WP260 Review
Our Rating: 4 out of 5
It's important to start kids on a healthy oral care routine at a young age. This doesn't only include brushing but flossing their teeth as well. So why not let them try something simple and effective like an oral irrigator? It is more likely that these good practices will carry on into their adulthood and less likely they will need dental work that comes from a lack of proper oral care. Plus, kids will find it fun!
Waterpik has a kids model water flosser that is designed for ages 6 to 12: The Waterpik WP-260. Read on for more information and a review on this model.
Waterpik WP-260 Specifications
Warranty: 2 years
Pressure range: 10 to 90 PSI
Pressure Settings: 3
Reservoir Capacity: 15 oz, 60+ seconds
# of Tips Included: 2
$$: Under $50
CHECK OUT THE CURRENT PRICE
Let's start with the basics of the design. The WP-260 for kids has a small, simple design that is fun and easy for kids to operate. With it's kid-proof electrical design, you can have some peace of mind knowing that it is safe for them to use. It can be a good alternative for kids who find it difficult to use string floss, or have orthodontic work done.
It comes with a 2 year warranty so if anything goes wrong you can contact the manufacturer and they should be able to help you out.
This kids Waterpik keeps it simple with 3 pressure settings from 10 to 90 PSI. It has a pressure control system so it will not be too strong of a flow for your kids.
2 Included tips:
The reservoir capacity is 15 oz which gives you about 60 seconds of flow time before a refill is needed. It can be used as a cover to keep dust out.
The Fun Stuff:
Besides the fun the kids will have using this water flosser, they will also enjoy decorating it too! The Waterpik WP-260 comes with 20 removable cling decals that they can stick on their Waterpik to personalize it.
It comes in a fun lime green color.
Kids are learning to floss in a way that is fun for them.
Why you will want your Kids to Start Flossing with the Waterpik WP-260
- Clinically proven to be up to 3 times more effective than string floss at removing plaque around braces with the orthodontic tip.
- Clinically proven to remove up to 99.9% of plaque from the treated areas in 3 seconds.
- Clinically proven to be 50% more effective for gum heath than string floss.
- Reaches deep below the gum line and between the teeth, leaving your kid's mouth fresh and clean.
- Guaranteed healthier gums in 14 days.
How to Use the Waterpik WP-260 Water Flosser for Kids
Pros & Cons
- It won't take up too much room in your bathroom as it is only 7.1 inches tall when in use, even shorter when the reservoir is turned over for storage.
- Gets your kids started on a good oral care routine at a young age.
- Easy fingertip controls on the on/off switch.
- Multiple kids can use the same oral irrigator by purchasing separate tips.
- The water reservoir is not as large as a standard countertop model.
- Parents will have to make sure kids are keeping their flosser cleaned properly to avoid water damage or mold growth. Click here for general water flosser cleaning instructions.
- A common complaint is that the reservoir does not have a lid.
If giving your kids a tool to help keep their mouths healthy and clean is important to you, then it would be wise to invest in the Waterpik flosser for kids. While being safe to use, it has features that make it simple for kids to operate and fun at the same time. It's nice to know that it will not take up much space on your bathroom counter. If it is difficult for your child to using regular string floss, then the Waterpik WP-260 is a good solution to that problem. It's one step closer to a healthier lifestyle. Check out our other Waterpik water flosser reviews here.
If you found this review helpful, please comment and share.
Be sure to consult with your kid's / children's dentist prior to using any of these products.